For those of you who may have been discomfited or puzzled by the discrepancy of names; namely, the fact that in my web-log title, I am referred to as "Minderva." The reason for this is because when I created this web-log Sonny stepped on my key-pad, and what with all the hustle and bustle of modern day life I knew that no one would notice this slight mistake. If you did notice I sincerely apologize, and offer my condolences at any confusion this may have caused.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Scared Kitten

This morning as I was looking across the many files and electro-mails that fill my leg-top computer, I discovered this video-link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MqHN-4okZ4

Clearly, this cat is frightened of the yellow circumfrencical object. As a cat psychologist, it is my humble duty to provide a way of un-enlarging that fear; namely:

1. Providing that cat with a way of expressing his or her fear of this object.

The way I propose to do this is by allowing the cat to share their feelings with the world. One of the most time-tested ways of doing this is by giving the cats materials with which they are able to show their feelings. If one of my cats seems disturbed or over the weather, I will give the cat the following materials:

1. A large strip of canvas, and/or watercolor paper
2. Non-toxic acrid paints

I then allow the feline cat to paint his or her feelings onto this canvas. Most cats only need to touch the paint once or twice before they dash away, all ill-problems cured.

1 comment:

  1. Dear “Nerva”: Excellent advice! I'm hoping you can help me, too. My cat and I faithfully read your blog web biannually. Whoever, we have a problem in that my feline friend has become quite jealous of a certain mustachioed kitty whose photo graces your site. My cat very much wishes to immolate this highly dapper fellow, but he has no ‘stache. How do we resolve this “hairy” situation? (Get it? Hairy!) Thanks, Your Biggest Fans

    ReplyDelete