For those of you who may have been discomfited or puzzled by the discrepancy of names; namely, the fact that in my web-log title, I am referred to as "Minderva." The reason for this is because when I created this web-log Sonny stepped on my key-pad, and what with all the hustle and bustle of modern day life I knew that no one would notice this slight mistake. If you did notice I sincerely apologize, and offer my condolences at any confusion this may have caused.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Dear Nerva"

This following missile was given to me by via of electro-mail, again from my friend Libbee.

Dear Nerva,
It has come to my notice that my other cat, Pyia, has been having some issues with socializationing.  As I am only a psychologist and sociologist for rats, and there are some problemish things that I cannot fix!  Please help Pyia -- she never comes out of her bedroom (the catroom cabinet, other times foolishly known as the bathroom cabinet) and has an immortal terror towards the general public of people.  I would like her to be more friendly and outgoing, as I believe many of my dear rats love her because of her beautiful face and hope one day to relationship her.  However, this will never happen if she continues to have these fears.  Please help as soon as possible, this is getting to be urgently serious.
Much l
ove,
Libbee Tribleea and the Rat Gang 

This is, indeed, a most troublifying issue. I would suggest using the following method, namely, that you do as I instruct you forthwith to do. 

The cat, Pyia (as always, the name of the feline animal in query has been changed to prevent any misconstruety), is, as has been stated, shy of the rat population. This is likely caused by the event of a draumatic experience in the cat's childhood, which led onward for the cat to become an individual in adulthood who still was being terrored by the rodent population. 

The best solvalution would be for the cat to be slowly un-frightened of the vermin types, namely by exposing the cat to these creatures slowly. My favorite method is to place one rat into the cat's in-closure each day, to allow the cat and the rat to become friendly and enjoy each others' compatrionism. 

If the rat does not reappear, that is likely because the cat and rat have become such good friends that the cat does not want to relinquish friendship on her new play-mate. 


 
This feline cat is enjoying the compatrionship of her new rat friend.


Once you have given the cat many oppurnitunities to meet the rats, it is accessible to continue adding rats to the cat's home at a rate of one per hour. You may wish to encrease addition at a faster pace, at perhaps one per fifteen minutes and more. Eventuality, the cat will come out of hiding, ready to become best friends with the rats that she has been enjoying. 

I hope that this has been full of help, to Libbee and others.  

1 comment:

  1. Dearest erva,
    I must humbubly ask your advice on a most serious matter. It may be a life or death situation for my poor carpet. My feline cat Kootsy has become kwite lonley. He loves ripping out the carpet mostly on the upperstory of my house. do you have any suggestions on how to stop this behavior? I don't know if it has any thing to do with his lonelyousness or if it mearly an out put of self expresion.
    Insanely,
    Izzy mcfizzy

    ReplyDelete