For those of you who may have been discomfited or puzzled by the discrepancy of names; namely, the fact that in my web-log title, I am referred to as "Minderva." The reason for this is because when I created this web-log Sonny stepped on my key-pad, and what with all the hustle and bustle of modern day life I knew that no one would notice this slight mistake. If you did notice I sincerely apologize, and offer my condolences at any confusion this may have caused.

Friday, September 9, 2011

My Telephone Call To "Dave Ramsey"

Perhaps some of you, my readers, have heard of "Dave Ramsey," who has a radio-talk-show, which is a show on the radio that he talks on. He is a "money-planner," which means that he "plans money." Well, I have had some pressuring concerns in this area, concerns that were recently obliterated when my debt was likewise taken care of; and, as he celebratories those people who have paid off their debt and dues, I thought to myself, "Self," I thought, "there is no better way to celebratory the ending of financial ruination than by calling this radio-talk-show and announcing to one, all, and the world, that I myself am free of all debt!" And so, thusfollowing, is a transcription of my telephone call.

Dave: Hello, this is Dave Ramsey here at Financial Peace Plaza, I have on the line with me ... um ... Minerva Giderva from Austin, Texas; Minerva, how are you doing today?

Minerva: Well, hello and salutatory, Dave Ramsey! I am calling precisely because I am doing quite well, indeed, and I shall soon share with you exactly the reason for this general good spirits!

D: Um, that's good, Minerva ... so, how can I help you?

M: Well ... it's kind of a long story with no regard to time, so I do hope you are sitting down, because --

D: Um, Minerva, sorry to interrupt, but just so you know there is a time constraint so we ask you to please keep your calls brief and to the point so we will be able to address other calls as well.

M: Well, I was getting to that briefly! As I was saying ... where was I? Ah, yes, my congratulatory actions! You see, it all began when the summer I was eleven ... or was it twelve? Or perhaps I was nine, when I first was turned onto the paths of felines, such that --

D: So, Minerva, why exactly did you call today?

M: Well, you see, I have recently become DEBTICATION-FREE!

D: Um ... that's great! How much debt have you paid off?

M: It all started three weeks ago, when I was sitting near my kitchen table -- my kitchen table, oddly enough, because ordinaryilly I would have been sitting at my dining table, which is in the next room over, because that is where I keep the (excuse my language) litter boxes. My cat Mopsy, a lovely little kitten of about six years, was sitting in my lap and I was petting her head when suddenly she began to mew. It sounded like --

D: So what was the debt that you paid off?

M: -- and then of course I realized that she was hungry! But underfortunately, I was all out of artichoke-salmonella fruitcake, which is my speciality, you know, and there simply wasn't time to make another! Well, there was only one thing reminiscient to do, and that was to get to the store. So that is what I did! I put Mopsy in my tote bag, slung her over my shoulder, and whizzed out to the store.

D: Minerva, we are running short of time so I will need you to --

M: Oh, goodness, I am simply de-tailing the most excitable part! Where was I? Oh goodness, I believe I have forgotten, and so because of your interrupture, we are actually worse than when we begun! Anywhichway, when I got to the store I rolled up and down the aisles until I found what I was looking for: two cans of anchovy sauce, three sausages, a pizza crust, a banana, and a can of cat food (for my afternoon snack you know) and then I went up to the registrationer to pay for the total. Well, the totally came to six dollars and three cents, but I only had brought with me six dollars! Now, as you can imagine, I was quite under-helmed at this news, but I --

Automated Voice: Hello, and thank you for calling Dave Ramsey. We regret to inform you that we have cut short your phone call. Have a nice day!

M: -- I glanced over and there, on the counter, was a "Take A Penny - Leave A Penny" jar! As I'm sure you can imagination, my relief was imminent! So I took the three pennies and purchased my food, and then went upon my way. After returning home, however, I realized to my immense dissatisfaction that, althoughforthwith I had taken a penny (or three pennies to be precisely), I had neglected to leave a penny! My horror was great, as I was assure that my credit would now be in ruination. So, I immediate left to the store, and when I arrived I walked carefully into such the store, and I saw that no one was near. I walked up to the counter and with sweaty palms -- I left three pennies! Grately relievified, I promptily exited the store, and then walked straight home to call you and explain my enormouse relief! So, I am sure that you will be just as pleasured as I at this great news, of myself becoming DEBT-FREE! ...Hello? Dave? Hello? Oh goodness, the line was cut short, I had better call again. Goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment